In 1992, John Edwards, a Caldwell native, founded our firm with Cliff Brown who grew up in Mountain Home. But, John’s first job out of law school was working for a large law firm that was paid by insurance companies to represent those who had injured others. He learned a lot “on the inside” of the insurance companies’ law firms–especially about how they took advantage of ordinary injured Idahoans. After only a few years John knew that working for the insurance companies really was working for the bad guys. It didn’t seem fair that huge insurance companies with their huge financial resources were taking advantage of regular Idahoans.
When he and Cliff hung their proverbial shingle, John started representing ordinary people against large institutions and insurance companies. For 20 years John has practiced personal injury litigation — almost all of them representing people like you. In 2004, John joined forces with Kurt Holzer in the effort to protect regular people in claims against insurers.
John brings a unique set of skills and knowledge to the personal injury arena.
- He uses his experience of working on the insurance company side to recover maximum value for the losses that our clients’ endure.
- For example, he understands what information is important as well as the importance of how it is presented to the insurance claims adjustors that allows them to justify the payments to the people to whom the adjustors answer.
- Over the course of years, he has developed relationships founded on experience and trust with those whom he opposes.
- John spent 13 years teaching law related courses at Boise State University and uses his teaching and persuasion skills to help adverse parties and companies develop a full understanding of the losses sustained by our clients.
- John holds firm to the belief that the vast majority of claims, when properly presented result in resolution without forcing clients through the time commitment and uncertainties associated with trial.
- John takes pride in working cases to fair results without unnecessary litigation. For the cases that cannot be resolved, John combines efforts with Kurt to jointly take cases through trial.
John’s background provides insight into his approach to helping our clients and resolving cases. He remains active in his community through memberships and participation in service and professional organizations.
- He graduated from Vallivue High School in what was, then, rural Canyon County, Idaho.
- John grew up working in a small, family-owned grocery store in Wilder, Idaho, learning valuable lessens about the importance of honesty, integrity, hard work and giving back to community.
- He attended the University of Idaho, graduating after three years in 1984 with a Political Science degree.
- John was involved in student government and also active in the Moscow community, coaching little league football and basketball, and serving on numerous other community projects.
- John spent three years in Chicago working with a private foundation raising funds for such worthy causes as alcohol awareness education and men’s health issues–topics upon which he frequently lectured.
- John attended the University Of San Diego School Of Law where he graduated in 1990 with honors.
John’s focus on individuals and their specific needs provide a unique approach to personal injury law and case resolution.