Collisions with a tractor-trailer or a semi-truck tend to be uniquely devastating. These wrecks cause tremendous damage to injured victims. Damages that can be physical, psychological and financial. And 18-wheeler collisions have the unique potential to cause hard to comprehend or live with catastrophic personal injury and death. Commercial trucking accidents can leave people and and families struggling to cope with grief, anxiety and an uncertain future. Our experienced tractor-trailer and truck accident lawyers have years of expertise in filing successful tractor-trailer accident lawsuits and semi-truck accident claims.
Do You Want the Best Truck Accident Lawyer For your Case? Look No Further.
We are much more than just experts in auto accidents. We are a team of experienced truck accident lawyers. We can provide you skilled, compassionate and quality counsel. If necessary we will invest heavily in your case to make sure you are fairly compensated. Among the many things we provide clients are:
- Expert legal advice and guidance regarding your truck accident claim, and if necessary, trucking lawsuit
- A detailed and comprehensive investigations of your Idaho accident
- Compensation that helps you rebuild your life
- Communication about your claim and life that is regular and responsive
- Legal representation dedicated to you both in and out of court
- Representation ona no fee until you win Contingency fee basis
Truck Accidents Finding Causes and Understanding Responsibility
There are many factors that play into trucking collisions In Idaho and around the country. The size and weight of tractor-trailers particularly when combined with excessive speed may lead to a truck to rollover. Or could lead to the 18-wheeler colliding with another truck, a passenger vehicle, roadside objects, or even pedestrians and cyclists. Responsibility to provided compensation for your injuries and the ability to recover compensation in a commercial trucjking case depends on what caused the wreck One of the specialties we have as Idaho truck accident attorneys is determining who the law holds liable for your injuries.
Among the causes we have seen are those attributable to a negligent truck driver, a negligent trucking company but also others involved in commercial trucking industry like brokers.
Particularly with drivers and companies there are certain things we see with some frequency that lead to big rig collisions and wrecks like:
- Driver fatigue due to long hours
- Speeding due to strict imposition of delivery deadlines
- Distracted Driving (phones, or other in-cab distractions)
- Jackknifing due to poor driving, bad braking or careless turns
- Highway hypnosis (ie zoning out)
- Substance abuse (even prescription medication can cause problems)
- Improper or incomplete inspections and maintenance
- Improper loads or loading
And there can be problems with equipment that can lead to product liability truck claims against the truck manufacturer for design or manufacturing defects and incomplete or improper repair
The whole situation of what occurred has to be evaluated. For example the government may be liable for improper road design, maintenance, construction or failure to meet proper warning standards.
The Process of Determining Liability For the Truck Accident that hurt You
Experienced, competent truck accident lawyers have a comprehensive and sophisticated understanding of the factors that establish responsibility in truck accident cases At Holzer Edwards we know how to build a compelling, evidence-based case in your favor. For example we evaluate in establishing liability:
- Controlling Federal and State Regulations:
- Other State and federal traffic and trucking laws that are relevant to your situation
- The legal safety responsibilities of the truck driver
- Whether the breach of any road safety responsibilities is what caused your injuries
- Governmental and private agencies co-responsibility for an injury accident
Do evaluate these factors we have to do certain investigative work. We comollect and compile the relevant evidence as part of our investigation. The relevant evidence can be thing such as:
- Black Box Data
- Witness statements
- Online data from social media
- Accident and police reports
- Medical expert opinions
- Collision Reconstruction Reports
- Truck maintenance records
- Truck driver time logs
- Violations of trucking laws
- Driving and safety history
Understand Your Case
To fully understand your case or your claim you should get the assistance of experienced trauck accident attorneys. Contact us to help you.